Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Art Deco style canopy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1755 Views, 4 Replies

Art Deco style canopy

Paris Metro

Imagine this entry against a eyebrow shaped porte cochere - how would I make it?

canopy cut.jpg

I'm thinking the only way is to creat a blend and multiple roofs ... Would love some advise from the masters.

Thanks,

Miccal

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: Anonymous

I think that the more appropriate  is to use : in Place Mass and Curtain System or Divide Surface:

1. Massing and Site > In place Mass >make a envelope volume with the needed shape > Curtain System
  2. a method that allows more complicated shapes is to select the In Place Mass already made and > Model > Edit In Place > select the suface you want to make canopy > Divide Surface > and from Properties apply a Pattern. If you want a special Pattern, that  can be created in Family Editor under Model Pattern Based or Curtain

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
constantin.stroescu

sorry for interuption.... I would like to say : Curtain Panel Pattern Based

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
constantin.stroescu

I attach two draft screenshots with shapes made by  the two methods .....Image 176 is with Curtain System applied to a face and Image 178 is with Divide Surface, here without any applied pattern....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you, I'll give it a try...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators