Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area Tag Instance parameter for a filled region

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
danny_yang
1469 Views, 9 Replies

Area Tag Instance parameter for a filled region

Hi there, 

I have an area tag family i created and in that family i created a solid filled region. 

The solid filled region i wanted to be controlled by a visibilty instance parameter. 

So far so good I can do all this its fairly standard stuff. 

However when i bring that tag to my project the Instance visibility parameter for the tag is not there. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: danny_yang

It works fine here.  Post your family and we can check it for you.

Message 3 of 10
danny_yang
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe i am doing something wrong. I created the instance parameter for the filled region in the family (called ''F & B'') but i can not see it in the project. 

Attached is the family 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

It works if you change the parameter to a type parameter.

Message 5 of 10
danny_yang

haha!  i know that but i need it to be an instance other wise i have to create loads different types. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

I don't think that you can, but you would only need two different types - one for on and one for off.

Message 7 of 10
danny_yang

The one i attached only has one color but i need many more. 

Is there anyway to add instance parameter to an area tag family?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Not that I know of, nut you could create different types in the family and then choose from these - eg, colour 1, colour 2, no colour.

Tags.png

Message 9 of 10
danny_yang

thanks for your help I appreciate it, I was hoping for no workaround, I will do a bit more research. This feels like somethign that should be possible. 

Message 10 of 10
martijn_pater

It is not, it is a type based family. You could associate a global parameter though to the type if you need to 'instantly' change all of those in a different manner then to adjust the type properties in family/project browser. But otherwise you would need to create different types.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report