Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture Family Display in Plan

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Jake_PCH
456 Views, 9 Replies

Architecture Family Display in Plan

The attached toilet family shows in 3D & Elevation but not in plan. Can anyone propose a resolution to this issue?

Jake_PCH_0-1711377981182.png

Jake_PCH_1-1711378027522.png

Kind regards,

Jake

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Simon_Weel
in reply to: Jake_PCH

There's an override - it's set to NOT show in plan:

Simon_Weel_0-1711379629356.png

Message 3 of 10
Jake_PCH
in reply to: Simon_Weel

Thanks for your response Simon.

However, I believe you are referring to the lid. The bowl is shown to be visible in plan, yet it is not.

Jake_PCH_0-1711380124465.png

Message 4 of 10
Mark_Engwirda

@Jake_PCH  Appreciate you are trying to show the 3D model in your plan view but the best practice for families with complex shapes is to use a 2d mask to represent the view in the plan and elevations etc and leave the 3D models for 3D views.  

Message 5 of 10
SteveKStafford

Hmm, when I opened the family I only saw the lid... downloaded again and the whole fixture is there. The nested family for the bowl is also not set to be visible in plan (select the element > visibility settings).

Steve Stafford
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
EESignature

Message 6 of 10
Jake_PCH

@Mark_Engwirda, while I appreciate the advice and will investigate this method at a later date, for now I would like to understand why this family is not showing in plan. 

Below is a screenshot of the plan view of the family in the family editor;

Jake_PCH_0-1711446371894.png

I have ensured plan view is ticked in both the host and nested family, yet still not showing in model space.

Has anybody been able to get this plan view to show in model space?

*Update: I have since discovered that when I select 'Reveal hidden elements', the plan view appears. However, they do not appear highlighted to indicate they are being hidden individually, by a filter or template - see screenshot below.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jake_PCH_1-1711446938816.png

Message 7 of 10
Simon_Weel
Message 8 of 10
Jake_PCH

RESOLVED: Visibility/graphic Overrides - Imported Categories - Imports in Families.

Jake_PCH_0-1711449084203.png

If someone could explain why this family is classified within imported categories, that would be appreciated.

Message 9 of 10
Mark_Engwirda

@Jake_PCH its not uncommon for complex shapes to be modelled in other software and then imported into a Revit family as a time saver.

Message 10 of 10
Jake_PCH
in reply to: Mark_Engwirda

That would explain it - thanks for your input, Mark! 😊

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report