Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone running Revit on Radeon RX 7800 XT noticing micro stutters and laggy viewport performance?

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
zakiur
1519 Views, 20 Replies

Anyone running Revit on Radeon RX 7800 XT noticing micro stutters and laggy viewport performance?

I mean its not end of the world lagging but I would expected that upgrading to a new card would make the software run snappier.

My system specs are:

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
32GB Ram on XMP Profile 2933 MHz
4k 144 Monitor running over DP at 4:4:4 4k
SSDs and GB wired networking with high polling 1000Hz mouse over USB

Interesting thing is the file is nothing just two walls and I still get stutters its the same for heavy files.
AMD overlay shows 100% micro stutter and frame gen times well over 250ms and sometimes 500-1000ms. It should be really less than 20ms in my opinion.

Also note that Revit viewport runs as expected if I RDP to this machine so whatever driver RDP is using to draw the display is working fine but direct draw to monitor is causing the problem I  guess.

I have hardware acceleration turned on and draw visible elements only turned on and Revit is detecting the card and has all 3 green ticks, Direct X 11, Shader Model 5.0, GPU Memory 4GB.

I am running an Nvidia RTX 4060 at work and that card seems to work fine and smooth.

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this problem?

Labels (4)
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
zakiur
in reply to: zakiur

Yes setting it to 500Hz does fix it, 1000Hz gives me stuttering.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report