Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All North Interior Elevations have transparent families (other directions fine)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jfielding1007
829 Views, 4 Replies

All North Interior Elevations have transparent families (other directions fine)

Today I noticed in some of my interior elevation the cabinet / trim families are transparent. I'd like items that are behind solid elements to not be seen.

It appears to be only in elevations that I am looking toward the north direction.  The other elevations in the room are fine.  For example: a kitchen cabinet shows the lines for the door and also for the cabinet box behind. Another example is a family that is a piece of trim.  I have two pieces coming together (90 degrees to each other).  The trim piece behind shows through the front piece.  The same is happening with the door family in the same interior elevation.

Items behind are visible when they should appear blocked by model elements in front.

Is it view setting somewhere?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jfielding1007

Wireframe isn't on for that view is it? You'll probably have to attach some pictures, a screencast or the project for folks to figure out what's going on.

Message 3 of 5
jfielding1007
in reply to: Anonymous

Here are a few examples.  Three different rooms.  All the north elevation. 

Top: Kitchen cabinets should simply show full overlay shaker cab but it also shows the 3/4" ply box behind & the door is showing other lines as well. 

Bottom left: Wall Cabinet is in elevation beyond cut plane.  Should only show the solid side, not the cut through shelves. 

Bottom right: another bath cabinet shows the box behind the doors as well & sink behind cabinet.

North Elevations.jpg

Message 4 of 5

I think what you are seeing is symbolic (Detail) linework.   Post the family.   

...it could be that no Geometry is Visible in Elevation Views.  Check the Visibility Settings for the Geometry in the Family. 

Message 5 of 5

I did receive an answer elsewhere.  So posting, in case anyone else runs into this problem. 

I had inserted a site.dwg file a few days ago.  Delete it and the problem goes away.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators