Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All beams and columns dislocated when reopened the Revit File

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
asadkamalabbasi
460 Views, 5 Replies

All beams and columns dislocated when reopened the Revit File

Hi, I have been working on a project. It is timber framing project so everything here is made up of beams.

I saved the file yesterday. It was all fine. But when I opened it today, all of its beams and columns were dislocated. Beams have different angles and there's a chaos in the project like it was hit by a thunderstorm. (Screenshot attached)

Please suggest what could have gone wrong as this is the second time that this has happened. It happened yesterday to my another team member working on a different PC and a different template file.

If the issue cannot be resolved, it would be great if anyone could suggest how to stop this from happening again in future as this wastes one to two days of our hardwork.

P.S. All the backup files that are created when we save the project, have the same issue. I have set the limit of backup files to 4. And all 4 of them have the same problem which is more weird. 

RegardsFraming Problem.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

retrieve your backup files to recover or check your levels could be accidentally move. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 6

All backup files have the same issue

Message 4 of 6

Try to select the beam>Right click on blue dot>Disallow join. See if it works

Message 5 of 6

Is it a workshared project? Maybe you could roll it back...

Message 6 of 6

Post the file.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report