Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Phase Filter - cut pattern display

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
4059 Views, 9 Replies

Advanced Phase Filter - cut pattern display

Hey y'all 

I'm working in a removals floor plan for pricing purposes and need to display the various cut patterns of walls to indicate the composition of the walls that need to be removed. In our view template we have the phase filter set up to show previous + Demo meaning that EXISTING and DEMOLISHED elements get shown with their respective "override" preset and NEW and TEMPORARY elements are not shown. In the phasing menu under graphic overrides the preset for DEMOLISHED elements there's no graphic override in the CUT PATTERNS Cell (REF image 1). However the floor plan does not display the wall cut patterns like it would if the the phase filter was set to "by Category." shouldn't the cut patterns display if there is no graphic override, or what am I missing? we are using REVIT2017.

thanks,

image 1.jpgPC

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Try coarse scale see anything changes.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

ToanDN,

Thanks for your response. I had the detail level set to fine, I've changed it to medium and coarse but it did not change anything.

PC 

Message 4 of 10
ToanDN

Editted for clarity.

@Anonymous

When you set a Phase to Overridden under Phase Filter tab, but actually not overriding its under Graphic Overrides tab, it uses the Phase's material, not the wall's material or coarse scale cut pattern.

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 10
Sahay_R

Existing and Demolished walls do not show patterns - only New Construction will.

If you want to see a pattern in Existing and Demolished walls - you will need to override the Cut Pattern.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPGNew Construction

Capture.JPGExisting / Demolished without Override

Capture.JPGExisting / Demolished with Override

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN how interesting. thank you. @Sahay_R yes, my problem with that method is that it'll apply the pattern override to all demolished walls and not just the masonry walls. Fortunately there are not many none-masonry walls so I think I'll apply a filter override as you mention and then manually do an element graphic override of the none-masonry walls to hide the pattern. This just means we'll have to keep track of what walls got manually overriden, but like I said, there are not too many of those so it should be fine. thanks!

Message 7 of 10
Sahay_R

What I do to distinguish walls from each other is to add a Comment, and filter for that particular comment. Beats fixing each wall one at a time.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I've been running into this problem (using 2018) and I've solved it by turning the visibility of the existing patterns "on" and deleting the material for existing in the graphic overrides panel altogether. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you sooo much. I have always had this issue and could not understand why it happened. So simple, I appreciate it! thank you!

Message 10 of 10
jwinklerQ3ZUJ

This is such a crucial find!  Thank you.   You can then use "Halftone" under Existing Overrides to still allow a difference for Existing Stuff.  And halftone can be adjusted under the Manage>Settings tab.

Now we can clearly show concrete/masonry vs wood walls in our demolition plan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report