Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding URL to Revit Drafting View

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kpkimLXHMJ
217 Views, 4 Replies

adding URL to Revit Drafting View

Hello!

I want to add a web url (e.g. www.google.com) on a drafting view which the user can click and will open up internet explorer.

How can I achieve this? I did a research on my own and some of the answers or solutions were not too clear on my end. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
curtisridenour
in reply to: kpkimLXHMJ

Revit does not make it super simple, but it is possible to put hyperlinks on a view. We can add parameters to a generic annotation family with URL parameters. If it is an instance parameter you can click on the element a then click on the ... button in the properties. This will take you to the location. There may be better ways. This is the one i know.

curtisridenour_0-1646756618384.png

Message 3 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: kpkimLXHMJ

@kpkimLXHMJ 

OPTION 1: Single URL for the entire Drafting view

Add an Instance Project Parameters to Views (ParamType: URL) then it appears on the Properties pallet of the View.  When clicked it it takes you to website.  (See GIF below)

OPTION 2: Multiple URL Links for several items in the view

• Either use a generic annotation with a Shared URL parameter (instance) and place and fill
  • Or alternatively, you can use a QR code generator and place multiple of them all over the view. When scanned, they take user to website

Views_add a url.gif

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 5
curtisridenour
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU 

do you know of a way to make a hyperlink to a url that is clickable when printed to pdf?

Message 5 of 5
RDAOU
in reply to: curtisridenour

@curtisridenour 

I am not sure this is related or is an interest of the OP : o) wanna start a new post?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators