Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding "irregular" horizontal mullions on a storefront

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
833 Views, 4 Replies

Adding "irregular" horizontal mullions on a storefront

I'm working on the entrance of the building shown below (section boxed to the front, this isn't the whole thing but all CW is visible). I've annotated the photo to clarify where the L1 floor/ceiling, L2 floor/ceiling, etc are located. The curtainwall structure on the exterior is a storefront type.

We are required to have HVAC systems in this front area of the building, but they're visible through the curtainwall on L1 and L2. How would I go about adjusting the horizontal mullion heights to be "irregular" (i.e. place one at 1C, one at 2f, etc.) so I can opaque out the curtainwall sections containing the HVAC equipment? I'm trying to get it to look sort of like that top row of the left section in the bottom picture. 

Please note: I know the gaps between one level's ceiling and the next level's floor are much larger than they need to be. This is for a school project with some oddly specified dimensions. We're just running with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

etrebel16ZE25U_1-1589060528722.pngimage.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't understand the question or the "diagramming".   What do mullions ("irregular" or not) have to do with HVAC planning and documentation? 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I'm looking to place them irregularly so that I can keep the space between the floor and ceiling on each level as normal, see-through storefront. The space between a ceiling and the floor above it has a storefront layout, but I'll turn the glass opaque (or make it a metal panel or something) so you can't see the HVAC equipment from outside. There's no mechanical/technical issue with the HVAC system itself, but my project partners don't want it to be visible. It could've been kittens hidden in the ceiling space, or treasure chests, or literal tons of paperclips-- the HVAC-specific part is irrelevant. I just want the area where the HVAC is located not to be visible through a transparent curtainwall.

In order to do that, I need to section off that area containing the mechanical equipment. However, I'm unable to put in a storefront with a uniform horizontal spacing, because the heights of these transparent/opaque sections isn't the same. For example, from the floor of level one to its ceiling is 8 ft. This CW section should be transparent. From the ceiling of level one to the floor of level two is 5 ft (again, a pretty massive gap, stupid provided dimensions). This part should not be transparent. I'm trying to get the sections spaced 8-5-8-5-8, so that I can go in and manually change those in the 5' rows to be opaque to conceal the HVAC equipment.

Thanks for your patience with my roughly worded explanations 😕 I can try to draw a diagram out by hand and take a picture of it, if that helps?

Message 4 of 5
bin
Advisor

Is this what you looking for?

bin_0-1589093763228.png

Message 5 of 5
chughes

Look at adding additional mullions, unlocking mullions and grids so you can adjust them individually, and unlocking panels so you can change them out to walls or opaque panels.  Use 'Tab' to select the individual parts of the curtain wall panel.

2020-05-11 08_55_09-Autodesk Revit 2019 - [Project1 - 3D View_ {3D}].jpg2020-05-11 08_55_17-Autodesk Revit 2019 - [Project1 - 3D View_ {3D}].jpg2020-05-11 08_55_27-Autodesk Revit 2019 - [Project1 - 3D View_ {3D}].jpg2020-05-11 08_56_24-Autodesk Revit 2019 - [Project1 - 3D View_ {3D}].jpg2020-05-11 08_56_34-Autodesk Revit 2019 - [Project1 - 3D View_ {3D}].jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report