Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Location/Room Number to Wall Type Schedules

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1996 Views, 4 Replies

Adding Location/Room Number to Wall Type Schedules

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way to add the numbers of the rooms where a certain wall type is used to our wall schedule. 

So far, we have been adding the room numbers manually but since in our office big changes often happen in projects after issuing all of our sheets, it has been very time consuming to go back to the wall schedule and check where every single wall type is being used. 

I'm attaching a picture of our schedule format.

Any ideas for a workaround is appreciated.

wall type schedule.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Redrunner92
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm curious why the room number is needed on a Wall Type Schedule. I've only seen the direction go one way, i.e. people start by looking at a floor plan, then use the wall tags placed on the floor plan to refer to the schedule. Thinking logically, Floor Plan > Schedule (that symbol means "refers to" here, not "greater than"). I can think of arguments for including room numbers on a Wall Type Schedule, but I still think for the most part schedules are read in response to floor plans, not the other way around.

Anyway, wall elements do not "read" data from the rooms in which they enclose. That only goes one direction: Rooms react to walls, but walls do not read their subject rooms. So no, there is no parametric way to do this, unfortunately.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Redrunner92

Thanks a lot for your response.

I don't disagree with you, but this is the way our office has been doing schedules for the past 25 years and the management is not really interested in changing their conventions.

Do you think something like this could be done using dynamo though?

Message 4 of 5
Redrunner92

I'm not an expert at Dynamo so I will defer that question to someone else here. And I understand each company has their methods, I'm not trying to cause reform or anything like that, just wondering the reasoning.

Message 5 of 5
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't disagree with you, but this is the way our office has been doing schedules for the past 25 years and the management is not really interested in changing their conventions.

Old timers! You can't live with them. You can't shoot 'em. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report