Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Panel

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
500 Views, 5 Replies

Adaptive Panel

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to model an adaptive component for a facade. This component is closing and opening due to sun rotation by a dynamo script. While the rotation problem seems to be solved, I can't parametrize the whole panel as if it should maintain its proportion whichever will be the grid dimension. I'll post the model (Revit 2019) to make you better understand what I mean. 

I'll be grateful for any feedback and please, correct me for any mistake I made in the model. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you sure the aperture is working properly?

Annotation 2020-01-31 163531.jpgAnnotation 2020-01-31 163513.jpg

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Actually no, and this is one of the problem I can't solve. One solution will be to make the archs attached to the reference lines of the frame, but I can't. And, as well, I can't attach the void to those lines. It's becoming quite tricky....

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Ok, I solved for the triangular panel attaching them to the reference lines, but still I can't do the same for the solid of the frame. 

Message 5 of 6
RDAOU

@Angelo.Limiti 

You are on the right track; however, you have 2 or 3 minor issue.

• The Voids - those you need to get rid off. They are useless in such construction.
  • The Frame - if you intend to also close and open it, it would function better if you control its opening using the normalized curve (See Image below) instead of a length parameter / aligned dimension associated with the Panel Height 

1.gif

• You could host the flanges on the diagonal and control its normalized cure to have it retract into the frame as it rotates (would be even better to model the flanges separately and nest them in)

2.png

• The rotating flanges seem to be ok (assuming your intent is to have them close/open @ 1-30 degrees min/max) However; you have to treat the frame and the rotating flanges as 2 separate entities and not both driven by angle Alfa (check screencast below...I removed the Frame formula and the flange operates as expected)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

Dear @RDAOU , I really appreciate your help, and your suggestions will be very useful to me. I'll check the model and try to apply your changes.

Thank you to everyone intervened in this topic.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report