Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive Family Turns Upside Down

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
simay.harmancioglu
698 Views, 13 Replies

Adaptive Family Turns Upside Down

I have created an adaptive family which will function as retaining wall. All the parameters work perfectly fine, except the spline path (reference line) passing through the adaptive points I guess. In the screencast below you can see that it works fine when it is concave, but when I try to make it convex it turns upside down. Has anyone had this problem before?

Screencast link:

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ToanDN
in reply to: simay.harmancioglu

Set adaptive points to Instance XY global Z, or set the family to Always Vertical. 

Message 3 of 14
simay.harmancioglu
in reply to: ToanDN

Actually it's already set to Always Vertical and the points are set to Placement Points and Global Z then Host XY.
Message 4 of 14

Aren't you inside the AP Family in that screencast?  AP Orientation setting inside the Family doesn't affect anything.  If you want to test Orientation, load and place the AP Family on a Host in another Project.      

Message 5 of 14

Even when I load it into a Project environment I cannot have the geometry I want. The middle AP won't go any further like in the link below.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/f0fe1292-7115-4d64-949a-5189b117cd81
Message 6 of 14

Post the Family.  We'll figure it out for you. 

Message 7 of 14
ToanDN

Set the form to have Consistent Profile.

Message 8 of 14

It's a bit messy but here you go.

Message 9 of 14
ToanDN

Try this one.  This is just an example for you to reverse engineer.  The profile is not the same as yours.

ToanDN_0-1663144829889.png

ToanDN_1-1663144906190.png

Message 10 of 14
simay.harmancioglu

Thank you, this one works but I need to divide the profile vertically and horizontally cause I'm assigning Visibility parameters for each of them. I tried to load my profile into your family. But then I couldn't generate a solid with it for some reason :(, maybe because I have intersecting lines in my profile. But as I said, to be able to set the Visibility parameters I cannot have one single profile I suppose. What is your suggestion?
Message 11 of 14
ToanDN

@simay.harmancioglu wrote:
Thank you, this one works but I need to divide the profile vertically and horizontally cause I'm assigning Visibility parameters for each of them. I tried to load my profile into your family. But then I couldn't generate a solid with it for some reason :(, maybe because I have intersecting lines in my profile. But as I said, to be able to set the Visibility parameters I cannot have one single profile I suppose. What is your suggestion?

Create each profile as a family, load them in host on the same ref point, then create a form from each profile.

Message 12 of 14
simay.harmancioglu

Now when I lock the second profile it turns 90 degrees and lays on the plane. How can I solve this?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/3fed78de-150f-4cde-8ff7-e1db46ba101a

Message 13 of 14
ToanDN

@simay.harmancioglu wrote:

Now when I lock the second profile it turns 90 degrees and lays on the plane. How can I solve this?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/3fed78de-150f-4cde-8ff7-e1db46ba101a

Before digging into this.  Any reason you opted to use an adaptive family instead of a more conventional approach such as a sweep, a swept blend, or railing?

Message 14 of 14
simay.harmancioglu

I need adaptive points to control the spline.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report