Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive curtain-panels for modular ceiling

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
filippo.costantin3HZMT
1600 Views, 6 Replies

Adaptive curtain-panels for modular ceiling

Hi everyone, 

I have a problem. I need to count how many ceiling panels (CP) I use in the project. I would create a standard process to calculate the ceiling panels.

1.PNG

I've created a dynano script that create on every ceiling in the project a mass, and on the top face of mass create curtain-system. If I would to create a new type of curtain-system, when I change the system family of curtain-panel with a load-family of curtain-panel, the sub-stitution  give me ah error.

If I have an irregular ceiling like in picture, it can't change the curtain-panel in red. 

2.PNG

I'll think to use the pattern component family, but I can't use it in my case. How should I resolve it?

In attached, the dynamo script (Rythm, genius loci, bim orph nodes packages), and the family of curtain panel.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Is it not simpler to divide the area of the ceiling (in a schedule of ceilings) and divide it by the area of one panel?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 7

No, because,  in the family of curtain panels I'll add nested element that must be schedule.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7

This approach will always produce errors in those non-rectangular, left-over pieces of the ceilings, because Revit (or any other software) cannot easily change your rectangular family to be triangular or trapezoidal. You could do the curtain system without the Dynamo script, so that you can at least have the curtain system done. Then you can create the panels that go on the non-rectangular shapes using a similar family that can be inserted by clicking on points.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Message 5 of 7

I know this isn't the better solution, but if I wolud create a Curtain System I need a mass, and if for every type of ceiling in should draw a mass, I'll spent much time. 

With my solution, I have the ceiling drawing and the schedule of all element about it.

Message 6 of 7

But notice how much time you are already spending on this task. You could do this instead: to schedule elements that go on the ceiling, place some ceiling-based or face-based fixtures on a regular ceiling. To get the number of panels, divide the area of the regular ceiling by the area of the panel. To schedule all the other things, create schedules of those categories to count those elements (lighting fixtures, or others).

Message 7 of 7

I know. I totally agree with you. But I would try to make it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report