Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire Coordinates

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lilachshahaf
389 Views, 2 Replies

Acquire Coordinates

Hello everyone,
In the project I'm working on at the moment, I took a survey map from Autocad, and have acted in Acquire Coordinates to the building will be located by the True North. Unfortunately the client wanted to change the location of the building un the lot, and I want to cancel the operation. I tried to to delete the file and upload it again, but it does not help.
What is right do in this situation?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

In AutoCAD, draw the new footprint of the building (or move/rotate the previous footprint).

Open the Revit file that contains this link. The .dwg will show the new footprint. 

Move/rotate the .dwg file to match the orientation of the building. 

Revit will warn about saving the new location because the two files were already related by coordinates. You can save now or save later. 

Select the link, and click on the button for Shared Site, and choose "Record current position..."

Save and close the Revit file. Revit will ask you to save the coordinates in the link, too. Accept that option and close.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3

Thank you.

I think your answer solved my problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report