Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A missing field in schedule

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
danezeq
2396 Views, 10 Replies

A missing field in schedule

I have a revit shedule of signage that are located on a project.

Every sign has "Elevation" field in its propeties window, but in the schdule properties > Fields tab, i dont find "Elevation" on availble fields.

i can add a shared parameter but the signs height will determine by "elevation" field, and not by my shared parameter.

How can i link the exisiting elevation fields into the shedule?

Thank you again all ๐Ÿ™‚

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
MostafaElashmawy
in reply to: danezeq

You should change your current elevation parameter into a shared parameter in order to see it in schedules.

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
danezeq
in reply to: MostafaElashmawy

Thank you, i'll let you know if i'll mange to do it.

Right now, if i remove the Elevation parameter, I'll ruin the family settings which i wont be able to recover ( i didnt make the family)

Message 4 of 11
RDAOU

@danezeq 

You do not need to change anything

1. Just add a Shared Parameter call it something like "Elevation from Level"
  2. Then in the formula field set it equal to Elevation

Nothing will change in your family, you will continue to control it using the Elevation parameter but you will schedule the "Elevation From Level" ... it will be more or less like a reporting parameter 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 5 of 11
danezeq
in reply to: RDAOU

I'm almost there, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t5eILIVeRk

so now the shared parameter of elevation shows me the DEFAULT value of original elevation parameter, and i can't change it.

Message 6 of 11
RDAOU

@danezeq 

Not sure what that 0.08 dif. is lol Can you post the family?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 7 of 11
danezeq

yep

here is it

Message 8 of 11
RDAOU

@danezeq 

Delete the shared parameter and schedule the built in parameter called "Elevation from Level"

The Default Elevation is used as a default value for the "Elevation from Level" when you place signs on the plan view (it is what the name implies = a default value). => in such case "Elevation from Level" = "Default Elevation"

The Elevation from Level is the parameter which you need to schedule. It is the height of each sign from level. This is a built in instance parameter ie: you do not need the shared parameter you added earlier.

Message 9 of 11
danezeq

i appreciate so much your efforts!

Just one thing is missing: i dont have elevation on the schdules list!

Z.jpg

Message 10 of 11
RDAOU

@danezeq 

I lost this post yesterday...now I found it

That parameter can be scheduled in 2020 โ€ฆ apparently it is not in 2019. Refer to the solution and .dyn given on your other post https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/cannot-control-elevation-of-an-object-disapp... 

SanboxCapture.png

Message 11 of 11
danezeq

Thanks

i think i should start learning dynamo... ๐Ÿ™‚

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report