Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D View Naming with Symbols

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
LanggamanXavierMassed
862 Views, 3 Replies

3D View Naming with Symbols

in a local model that I am working on, there are 3D views named with symbols " {,[,(,@,  . ". but when i name a new 3d view, revit does not  allow me to add those symbols.  What could have applied for those 3d view names? some of the view names are even email addresses. thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You gave a hint in your last sentence, and just now I succeeded in copying and pasting an email address into a view name. The key is that the email address I copied is a hyperlink. It may also be worth noting that I copied it from Outlook (desktop version). So that seems to be a way to get around the symbol restriction in view names.

Message 3 of 4

you can type in your note pad and copy and paste, if you want to change/rename your 3D views. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 4

awesome!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators