Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

0'-0" Topography at -1'-7 1/2"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
craig
684 Views, 3 Replies

0'-0" Topography at -1'-7 1/2"

When I place a new topo at 0'-0" in a new project, it's always about 1'-7 1/2" below the first floor which is at elevation 0'-0". Both the project point and base point are at 0'-0" and are located on the first floor plane. How can I get correct this so that the 0'-0" topo is aligned with the 0'-0" first floor?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: craig

Toposurface Internal Point Elevations are relative to the Internal Origin of the Project.  

...why would it matter though?  Just place the topo where it should be -- relative to your Project's Levels.  

Message 3 of 4
craig
in reply to: barthbradley

It would be much easier to enter topo points at -6" to have it be 6" below the FF/Top of foundation, rather than entering topo points at 1'1 1/2" for it to be 6" below. So I moved the project base point, the survey point, and all of my levels to align with the internal project point. Now entering topo is a breeze. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Message 4 of 4
barthbradley
in reply to: craig

I never said to enter Topo points "at 1'1 1/2" for it to be 6" below".  That is a ridiculous workflow -- not to mention, way too much math.   Create the Toposurface and then lower it in Elevation. That's how you do it. 

But, I guess if the site pad is 2000 ft. above sea level -- and your Project's ground floor level -- you could instead leave the Toposurface where it is and raise your building up 2000 ft.  Of course, I'm just kidding.  That's equally ridiculous.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report