Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zooming inside the view port

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
strsuraj
1000 Views, 4 Replies

Zooming inside the view port

Hi everyone,

I am working on  a project where I need to place 3 viewports containing Side, Front and Plan sections. And each of these viewport would contain only the specific part of model so as to have better understanding.

I am able to place the viewport with desired views but its coming as a whole. How to "zoom inside the viewport" to highlight selected part.

Thanks in advance.

Suraj

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: strsuraj

UIView class has zooming related methods. I can access the UIView from a PreviewControl pretty easily. In your case, you'll have to see how to get the UIView object from within a viewport.

Message 3 of 5
jeremytammik
in reply to: strsuraj

Check out my  UIView-based custom tooltip sample:

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 4 of 5
strsuraj
in reply to: jeremytammik

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the help.

Links you provided, directed me towards this segment "https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2012/06/uiview-and-windows-device-coordinates.html". This does zoom inside the View, but my query was I wanted to Zoom inside the ViewPort

Message 5 of 5
strsuraj
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Neerav, thanks for replying.

I received this link from Jeremy "https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2012/06/uiview-and-windows-device-coordinates.html". 

Here I took the ActiveView as my ViewPort view. But it opened that particular section view and zoomed it by 0.5.

So still no clue. I tried zooming inside the view port manually (by double clicking the viewport), but that didn't happen. What does that say, this functionality is not there ? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community