Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Areas show a blank space when addep up in schedules

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
pablo.ortegaN67XK
366 Views, 2 Replies

Wall Areas show a blank space when addep up in schedules

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for the help. Basically when I'm doing a schedule or a material take off for walls the areas of the walls don't add up and instead it shows a blank space in the schedule. If I check 'itemize every instance' it does show the area of each wall but if I uncheck it to see the total area for every wall type it shows nothing.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @pablo.ortegaN67XK,

Thank you for this question. What you need to do is left click on your schedule on the project browser on Revit and open properties. On the Schedule properties, click on formatting Edit button, on Fields section, select Material:Area. On the right there is a dropdown input element with placeholder "No calculation", select "calculate Totals".

Note: On material take off schedules, use Material:Area instead of Area.

Carol Gitonga, Developer Advocacy and Support, ADN Open
Message 3 of 3

Thank you so much! such a rookie mistake, also I realized soon after posting that the API forum wasn't the correct place for the post so I'll take it into account for future post, thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report