Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to disable warning for missing third party updater in Revit MEP 2016

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1020 Views, 4 Replies

unable to disable warning for missing third party updater in Revit MEP 2016

I'm using a LiveUpdater in my plugin that causes the warning "missing third party updater" when my clients open the project on their computers since they do not have the plugin installed. I need to disable this and have tried the following to set the LiveUpdater as optional which according to the API documentation should disable the warning:

UpdaterRegistry.RegisterUpdater(liveUpdater, true);

and

UpdaterRegistry.RegisterUpdater(liveUpdater);
UpdaterRegistry.SetIsUpdaterOptional(liveUpdater.GetUpdaterId(), true);

but I'm still getting the warning after "uninstalling" the plugin by removing the plugin .dll and .addin files from C:\Users\mma\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2016.

during debugging the following call returns true:

UpdaterRegistry.GetIsUpdaterOptional(liveUpdater.GetUpdaterId())

I even tried to use "false" instead of "true" as argument in case I missunderstood the documentation but it didn't work either.

Is this a bug or am I missing something here?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
adcdao
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Did you find a solution? I'm stuck with the same problem. I'm using Revit 2022.

Thanks,

André

Message 4 of 5
adcdao
in reply to: jeremy_tammik

Thank you Jeremy, using your solution I was able to remove the updater from my project. But it would be easier if it was possible to revert back the updater to optional. If you set the isOptional parameter to false I wasn't able to revert it back, even using SetIsUpdaterOptional to true. If it's set to true at the beginning, it works, I will avoid the message. A suggestion, this parameter (isOptional) would be mandatory (not optional) so you will have to set it to true of false explicitly.

Thank you,

André

Message 5 of 5
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: adcdao

Such a wish for new or enhanced functionality is best directed to the Revit Idea Station

Please search there for a corresponding wish list entry for the suggested functionality and add your comments to it, or create a new one, if none already exists:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/idb-p/302

Tag it as an API wish:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/idb-p/302/tab/most-recent/label-name/api

Ensuring that a wish gets as many votes as possible helps underline its importance to you and the rest of the developer community.

The Revit Idea Station is currently one of the main driving input forces for Revit API enhancements.

The Revit development team looks there. Your comment here in the discussion forum might be overlooked.

Thank you!

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community