Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling Packs of objects

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
user203_centralbim
132 Views, 1 Reply

Scheduling Packs of objects

Hey guys

Using the API I'm developing an app for a client that inserts a bunch of families into the project, created from template families by adding a bunch of information into before inserting it into the project. I'm having problems scheduling the subcomponents, not because these subcomponents are not accounted for, but because these subcomponent come in packs. 

The client insists on the schedule (also created by this app) showcasing the price of the pack instead of the cost per unit. So for example, if the number of this subcomponent is bellow 40 the total price is still that of 1 pack of 40 subcomponent, if there are 41 subcomponent then you have to get the cost of 2 packs of 40 & so on. This problem would be easily fixed with a schedule formula parameter but the API is very limited in that aspect. 

I thought this problem for would be more common but, so far, i havent been able to find a solution online.

Thank you in advance for your help

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I have never heard of such an issue before, and I would not classify it as a typical BIM task. Therefore, I would not recommend trying to address it with a BIM tool, such as Revit. Can't you use a tool better suited to this specific task? Or simply program it yourself, completely independently of your BIM environment? That might simplify things for you.

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community