Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedules for sheet revisions with company's specific parameters added.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
587 Views, 2 Replies

Schedules for sheet revisions with company's specific parameters added.

Hi all

I recently started exploring the Revit API and my first question here concerns what is possible regarding customization of a revision schedule; the one found in title blocks of drawing sheets.

My company’s standards prescribe that fields for initials of designer, reviewer and approver should be attached to each record in a revision table, in addition to parameters available within the standard Revit revision schedule.

I know the API documentation says that if you can do it in the UI then it’s possible in the API. Instead of spending hours or days seeking a solution that maybe doesn’t exists it is wiser to try asking you guys.

Is it possible, while taking advantage of the revision functionality within Revit, to produce and place a revision(/custom) schedule on drawings, containing the additional fields/parameters as described above?

From what I have studied there are multiple ways to add parameters to the model and schedules can be created without referring to a specific category. I was hoping that somehow combining various features of the API would enable a reasonable good workaround. Has anyone tried something similar and managed to build such a schedule and show it on the respective drawing?

Thanks

Sigurjón

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RevitArkitek
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you create this schedule that you want in the regular UI? (Btw, not everything in the UI can be accessed in the API. It probably said that the API can only do things that the UI can do (with a couple of exceptions).) Anyways, a Revision schedule can only be created in a Titleblock family as stated in the ViewSchedule.CreateRevisionSchedule method. ViewSchedule.CreateSchedule takes in a category ID (or no ID for multi-category (which does not include revisions)). The other create methods are specific types of schedules. Where did you see a method to create a schedule with no category?

I would imagine to accomplish what you want to do, you need to create a generic annotation family or text that just sits next to the revision schedule on the sheet or in the titleblock or a KeySchedule using a category that you don't normally use and populate that.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: RevitArkitek

Hi Thanks for your reply. Sorry, but it was just me being inaccurate regarding what the documentation says about the API capabilities and the categories of a multi-category schedule. This just reflects that Revit is new to me! Since I would need my add-in to export all the revision information when a drawing is issued a solution like your first suggestion isn't appealing. Regarding a Keyschedule approach, can I fetch all the Revit revision parameters into it, using the API? Does Autodesk have any ways for users to suggest improvements for coming releases of the software? Regards Sigurj?n

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community