Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit SDK 2016

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
GHASEM_ARIYANI
770 Views, 1 Reply

Revit SDK 2016

hi

How do I install Revit SDK 2016 On Revit??

Revit SDK 2016.jpg

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Gh_ar,

Thank you for your question, I must say you are asking the incorrect question since for what I can see you already installed the Revit SDK. I think what you meant was how to add all those Revit Add-ins to become available in your Revit UI. 

First you will need to run the Update DLL application which you will find in the Samples folder RevitAPIDllsPathUpdater is the name. 

Then there is a Sample named RVTSamples that integrates all other samples excluding ExternalApplications into a panel named “RvtSamples” under menu “Add-Ins”.

For more detailed information please refer to the Readme_RVTSamples text file that is located in the RVTSamples folder. 

The addin file of that sample named RvtSamples.addin will need to be copied to where all your addin files are located to run your plugins. 

You can refer to the "Writing an AddIn Manifest" section in the link below that will explain you how to do that.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=16849339

I hope this helps you out, if more explanation is needed, please ask 🙂 

Jaime Rosales D.
Sr. Developer Consultant
Twitter | AEC ADN DevBlog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community