Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2019 crashes after selecting a plate in a steel connection

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Nurlan-A.
679 Views, 2 Replies

Revit 2019 crashes after selecting a plate in a steel connection

Hello!

I made a macro for entering data into the parameters of the plates. After starting and completing the macro, if I select any plate in any steel connection, Revit crashes.
What can be wrong?

I found this in the Revit journal:

' 0:< DBG_WARN: Current ParameterValue is not applicable to ElementIdParameterValue
'
'Expect a soft crash after this warning.
'
'ApplicationException is being thrown on behalf of the function <class ElementId __cdecl ParameterValue::asElementId(void) const>. 

and this

' 0:< DBG_INFO: Recent Dynamic Added but not to Dynamics, this means that this element is not dynamic anymore with RDYs removed.: line 185 of 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Nurlan-A.
in reply to: Nurlan-A.

Since it is temporarily impossible to attach files, link to a problematic sample: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap6SgQpJO4sPhNQusuXO2Ye80y7UYw

If you open this model and try to select a plate in the steel connection, Revit will crash.

Message 3 of 3
Extraneous
in reply to: Nurlan-A.

I cought the same issue with Plate's parameters. It happened when I wrote String value into "Material" parameter. It is strange, because I don't have the same problems with other elements, like beams or columns: string value is succesfully written in Material parameter. But Revit crashes if you make it with SteelPlates. And journal says it for us: incorrect parameter value.

Alexander Zuev
In BIM we trust
Facebook | Linkedin | Telegram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community