Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Research] how do you use Revit Macros

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
siyu.guoX8L2Z
463 Views, 13 Replies

[Research] how do you use Revit Macros

Hello Experts,

Do you need to use Revit Macros in your projects?
The Revit team would like to understand the use cases you need to achieve through Revit Macros.

We want to invite you to take this short survey if you are a Macro user:
https://autodeskfeedback.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5vGwKZ7PBE5YLtQ

Thank you for helping us.

Siyu

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

if data from this will be public?

-------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------|\/\/|------------------------
do not worry it only gonna take Autodesk 5 years to fix bug
Message 3 of 14

Thank you for the invitation and your interest!

For wider distribution, I shared it on the blog as well:

https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2022/04/revit-macro-user-survey.html

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 4 of 14

I don't know, myself. I asked the devteam for you.

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 5 of 14

Wow, Thanks, Jeremy😊

Message 6 of 14

Hi Expert, Thanks for your interest! I've discussed this with the scrum team, and we are willing to share the research summary once it's finished. Stay tuned.
Message 7 of 14
Organon
in reply to: siyu.guoX8L2Z

@siyu.guoX8L2Z ,

Talking about this topic, could you please fix this problem? 

SharpDevelop Forms Designer not working in Revit 2021 - Autodesk Community - Revit Products

Regards,

Arquitectura | Análisis CAD & BIM | Diseño Paramétrico | Programación
BIM-METADATA | LinkedIn | YouTube
Message 8 of 14
sragan
in reply to: siyu.guoX8L2Z

Since Sharp Develop is no longer supporting the Macro Editor, I'm guessing the Revit Development Team is thinking about getting rid of the Macros?

I sure hope not.   In my opinion, the Marcos are the only way to write and develop external applications and commands. 

Message 9 of 14
sragan
in reply to: sragan

I hate to be a pessimist, but after taking the survey, I'm sure that's what this is about.  

I think we might as well say goodbye to the Macro Editor now.   I'm assuming it will be gone in 2023.

The macros were much, much easier and faster to use than using Visual Studio with External Commands and External Applications.   And I haven't really used Dynamo, but I think it only supports Python.  Anyhow, it doesn't have the debugging capability that the maro editor has.  Actually, I don't think anything else has the debugging capability and value that the macro editor provided.

Message 10 of 14
siyu.guoX8L2Z
in reply to: sragan

Hi expert. I appreciate your interest in this topic and all the valuable information you've provided through the survey & post.
At present, our team is focusing on figuring out the actual usage scenarios of Macro users. No further decisions have been made yet.

Message 11 of 14

Hi Expert,

Feel free to review the research result summary and add any comments or suggestions at: 

https://www.autodeskresearchcommunity.com/hub/posts/post-25914628

Thank you so much for participating.

Siyu

Message 12 of 14

Thank you for the shareback and interesting results. I had to set up an account with Autodesk research, fill in a survey and await the response email to see them. To save others the same process, time and effort, I took the liberty of printing the results to PDF and sharing them here in the attached revit_macro_study_shareback.pdf.

Message 13 of 14

Thank you so much, Jeremy, for all your help and support😊

Message 14 of 14

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community