Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opensource Project

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
488 Views, 3 Replies

Opensource Project

I have an idea for a open source project for revit.  I have no experience with starting a open source project. I figured I just post what I got in github.  But I want to find what are the legal issue I may come up with this.  I know this is a API forum but I figured that some of the people here would know about open source project.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Personally, I publish everything I do on GitHub and equip everything with a standard open source MIT license. That takes care of all issues for software. For other publications, I use a Creative Commons license. I did some research on licenses a year or two ago and these seemed safe and sensible choices.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I am looking for open source Revit projects in C# to contribute to on Github so I would be interested in contributing to your project if you are open to the idea. I am a self taught programmer looking to do more software development.

Thanks,

Message 4 of 4
jeremytammik

Dear Joe,

Thank you very much for your kind offer.

You can look at my projects on GitHub at 

https://github.com/jeremytammik?tab=repositories

All of the ones concerned with the Revit API are marked as such, and most of those are documented by The Building  Coder:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com

However, they are mostly small, simple, one-off sample add-ins demonstrating some specific issue.

To cooperate on more long-term projects, I would suggest that you pick some goals and target some workflows that would be useful to you yourself in your everyday work, write specifications for them, and we can discuss the analysis, design and implementation of those together.

How does that sound?

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report