Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying "Keywords" parameter of a Material

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
497 Views, 1 Reply

Modifying "Keywords" parameter of a Material

Hello,

I am trying to create an add-in which takes data from a Spreadsheet and creates materials in a Revit project. So far I can easily access every property of a Material or AppearanceAssetElement and edit them. All except one, which are the Keywords in the Identity tab (Descriptive Information). I've done research on the subject and I couldn't find any working examples of code. The Material class doesn't have any kind of property or Parameter for this kind of data. 

Post_RevitLookup_MaterialParameters.PNG

I have no problems with setting the value of Keywords in Appearance asset for the material (I do it by accessing the "keyword" AssetPropertyString of the asset), but I haven't found a way to access the Keyword property of the Material. I am coding in Revit 2018.3, with updated Visual API, and the documentation did not provide any help on the issue.

Additionally, I have accessed the journal file, where I manually edited the Keywords value. It resulted in the following entry:

Jrn.Data "MaterialProperty"  _
        , "", "physmat_Keywords", 1 _
        , 0, "new, test"

So it seems like there is some kind of a property connected to the Material object, but I have no idea how to access it. Is it even possible to edit this property via RevitAPI? 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

So can anyone give me a hint, is it even possible to change this Material property through Revit API? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community