Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching modeless dialog from a Ribbon

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
PaulCollins7972
210 Views, 2 Replies

Launching modeless dialog from a Ribbon

My add-in creates a ribbon that then allows users to start various other company specific add-ins. A single manifest which has application and command sections is distributed to the users. Ribbon buttons call other add-ins that are modal. This all works well and has been in use for a while. I want to add a modeless dialog which I can make work with an additional manifest but I would like the ribbon add-in to do the equivalent of the modeless add-in's "application" manifest by putting something in the on-startup code instead of distributing multiple manifest files. I have looked at the SDK examples and searched forums but can't find an answer.

Suggestions welcome, Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Most Revit ribbon items launch commands, either built-in or external. You simply need to implement an external command that launches your modeless dialogue. You can add that to the same add-in manifest.

Jeremy Tammik Developer Advocacy and Support + The Building Coder + Autodesk Developer Network + ADN Open
Message 3 of 3

Thank you for the advice. As suggested I simply added the "Application" section from the manifest of the modeless dialog to the manifest for the Ribbon and all worked fine.

I was trying to find some code to run in the "on-startup" area but never thought to edit the manifest of the ribbon. Excellent!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community