Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Origin in Revit 2020

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bushr.haddad
560 Views, 1 Reply

Internal Origin in Revit 2020

Hello,

How to get the internal origin using Revit API 2020. In Revit 2021, Internal Origin Class is existed which makes it easy to retrieve and use, but in Revit 2020, there is no existence for Internal origin class.

I tried to calculate it by subtracting the base point from the distance between base point and internal origin. it works when the base point is not rotated. But fails when I have a rotated base point.

Any help will be appreciated, Thank you

base_point.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RPTHOMAS108
in reply to: bushr.haddad

Everything in the API is measured from internal origin (always as been). I don't understand the immediate benefits of the InternalOrigin class or the method InternalOrigin.Position. In what context would InternalOrigin.Position return something other than XYZ.Zero? Perhaps if it is a linked Revit file but that is unclear from the notes that is it's purpose.

Project system is also parallel to internal but as well as it's physical location it also has a set of parameter values for the offsets and rotation at that location. Likewise survey point in addition to it's actual location has the offsets for the location. Changing the rotation value in the project base point doesn't change the relative rotation to internal (they are always the same). It actually changes the rotation of the survey system relative to internal, which is odd but that's the world we live in (rotated around us).

You can achieve the same in previous versions of Revit you have all the information required on the base point objects via parameters (along with their actual position) to set up the transforms required. It was never impossible to convert from project to internal or survey to internal (or do the opposite) if that is the question?

As an example

The Building Coder: Project Location (typepad.com)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community