Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use API Methods in Model Checker Configurator ?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Harikrishnan.AK
1601 Views, 3 Replies

How to use API Methods in Model Checker Configurator ?

Problem Statement

I am trying to create a very specific "checkset" in Model Checker under BIM Interoperability tool. The intent of the checkset is to return if there are any levels / grids that are "not Monitored". Attaching the snapshot of what I am trying to do. 

Current approach:

The method I am trying to use is to extract the value against the API method "InMonitoringLinkElement" and filter them out based on that returned value.

Challenge:

When the test ran, it threw an error called "API Parameter Filter not applied". 

What I am expecting from this group:

Any alternate solution for the current problem and for future, how to use "API Method" in Configurator? Any help would be much appreciated.!! 

Labels (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Unfortunately the Model Checker is not able to access the Methods using the API Parameter criteria. That is designed to access some Properties, but not all. A good rule of thumb is that if the Property returns an array or another element, the Model Checker will not be able to handle it. If the Property is a single value, Model Checker can probably access it.

The above was mainly for clarification for future folks who find this post. Also unfortunately, I cannot think of a workaround to get the copy/monitor status of an element. I don't think it's possible right now.

Jason Kunkel
Senior Practice Manager, Architecture and Engineering
CADD Microsystems Blog
RVIT Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
Message 3 of 4

@JasonKunkel : Thank you for the response. I am a big fan of BIM Interoperability tools and it really has covered most of the configurations possible in Revit.

Could you also let us know if adding this feature of using "API Methods" is something in development in the near future? 

Message 4 of 4

Very glad you are finding benefit from the tools!

Currently, there is no plan to add the ability to work with Methods in the Model Checker, but I have just added it to the wishlist.

Jason Kunkel
Senior Practice Manager, Architecture and Engineering
CADD Microsystems Blog
RVIT Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report