Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open revit with empty metric template?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
899 Views, 3 Replies

How to open revit with empty metric template?

Revit 2017.1.1.

I need in Visual Studio to launch revit.exe with empty metric template. I.e. I need to do like the 0.png and 1.png attached screens but throught the command line arguments (look 3.png attached screen). I read this topic before but I didn't find the answer.

How can I do it?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
matthew_taylor
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi again, @Anonymous.

Well, I'm sure you know about NewProjectDocument(unitSystem): http://www.revitapidocs.com/2017/b629d38d-daa3-5109-7e59-6cc12665d832.htm

But I'm guessing that this question is related to the other issue you posted about recently. No new ideas from my end.

Cheers,

-Matt

Cheers,

-Matt
in reply to: matthew_taylor

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your answer.

I know about NewProjectDocument, but it will not help me if my project is an external command instead of an external application. Am I right?

Of course, it is not a big problem and if it is not possible to do through the command line then I will use an external application instead of external command. But I just in case asked this question for to know for certain.  

> But I'm guessing that this question is related to the other issue you posted about recently. No new ideas from my end.

My decission of of that topic is: I am forced to use non-virtual machine and a local debugging.

Message 4 of 4
matthew_taylor
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Not sure. Try and report back.

If you don't have the virtual machine limitation, I'd just manually create a 'no template' project and save it to a known location, and use the previously documented methods of opening a document using Visual Studio. Or just open any file. Once you have any file open, you can create a 'no template' project.

Cheers,

-Matt

Cheers,

-Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community