Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get weld connected members in Revit 2021

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
NinovSM
654 Views, 5 Replies

How to get weld connected members in Revit 2021

if (rvtDoc.GetElement(selectedRef) is SteelProxyElement weldEl &&
            (BuiltInCategory)weldEl.Category.Id.IntegerValue == 
            BuiltInCategory.OST_StructConnectionWelds)
IList<SteelInputMemberInfo> steelElementsInfo = 
            weldEl.GetInputMemberInfos();//get connected elements RVT2020

Hello,

This code works well for Revit 2020. But in Revit  2021 I can't use GetInputMemberInfos for weld outside joint(SteelProxyElement). Are there any other approaches?

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: NinovSM

Why can't you use that approach in Revit 2021?

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 3 of 6
NinovSM
in reply to: jeremy_tammik

Hi, Jeremy. Because this method

GetInputMemberInfos()

absent in Revit 2021 for SteelProxyELement weld. You can see this in RevitLookup:

rvt2020.pngrvt2021.png  

Message 4 of 6
jeremy_tammik

RevitLookup does not necessarily display all the available methods. Some methods take arguments, and RevitLookup cannot guess what arguments to supply, so it cannot call them. Maybe the method still exists, but a new argument was added to it. To research such a method, you will have to use other, more intimate tools, e.g., RevitPythonShell:

http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2013/11/intimate-revit-database-exploration-with-the-python...

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 5 of 6
sorin.brinzaru

Hello @NinovSM ,
For getting weld connected elements you have to use Advance Steel API. Please take a look at the Revit SDK Samples (project SampleCommandsSteelElements) to learn how to get an Advance Steel filer object from a Revit steel element reference.
Please let me know if you need sample code.
Sorin

Message 6 of 6
NinovSM
in reply to: sorin.brinzaru

Hi @sorin.brinzaru , thanks for the tip. I thought I could use Fabrication Transaction and get Filer only for subelements inside joints. But it works for all steel elemants. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community