Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Specific Parameters from Assembly View using C#?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
777 Views, 2 Replies

How to get Specific Parameters from Assembly View using C#?

Hi, I am new to revit API. I want to get the parameters of the current active view document. Please find the below screenshot and explanation of that.

1. My Current View is selected in Assemblies and the diagram is shown at the right side

2. I want to get the selected parameters (not from the diagram) in the "Project Parameters" dialog for the active view

3. Parameter Properties diagram shows about the type of parameters and falls in which category.

Assembly_Views_Parameter.png

Any one please help to me on this to get the Parameter Name and its values using c#.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
matthew_taylor
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

This is quite a simple task, so persevere with your learning.

If you haven't installed RevitLookup yet, do so now. It is an indispensable tool that will help you reach an understanding of how the Revit object model is put together. Using 'Snoop Active View', you should be able to see 'Parameters' (as a list along with their data types and values). The code for Revit Lookup should help you figure it out.

Also, refer here for help on getting started with the Revit API:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/check-out-the-self-paced-guide-my-first-plug-in/m-p/3...

and MyFirstPlugin

Good luck!

Cheers,

-Matt
in reply to: matthew_taylor

Thanks Mat. I have installed Revit Lookup after that I am able to get the details.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community