Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Information: Revit 2021.1.2 Hot-Fix and InstallLocation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
matthew_taylor
648 Views, 4 Replies

For Information: Revit 2021.1.2 Hot-Fix and InstallLocation

Hello all,

Just passing on some relevant information.

Upon installing the Revit 2021.1.2 hot-fix the InstallLocation registry property no longer reports the correct value.

Our installation location bible reference from @jeremytammik shows us where to look in the registry for the installation location of Revit: https://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2013/04/perpetual-guid-algorithm-and-revit-2014-product-gu... 

This information is still accurate, but some of the information that we may go there for is no longer valid.

At this location:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{7346B4A0-2100-0510-0000-705C0D862004}

Our value for InstallLocation is now:

Revit 2021\

instead of a fully qualified path such as:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2021\

I believe someone from our organisation is reporting this issue, but I would suggest creating your own support call with Autodesk if this change affects you.

I hope this saves someone out there a bit of time.

Cheers,

-Matt
m.dijkman
in reply to: matthew_taylor

We encountered this problem with installing RhinoInside for Revit 2021.

it can't install it because of this InstallLocation

Message 3 of 5

Dear Matt,

Thank you very much for pointing this out. I am asking the development team whether this is intentional.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 4 of 5

The development team responded that this is a known issue and resolved in Revit 2022. I hope this helps.

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 5 of 5

Thanks @jeremy_tammik!

Yes, I noticed it was no longer an issue in 2022. 🙂

Hope things are well with you.

Cheers,

-Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community