Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family params transfer

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
alex_gegedyush
160 Views, 2 Replies

Family params transfer

Hello there, i am a begginer at revit api. i wonna try to make a revit plugin for transfer family parameters. params and their value must transfered to enouther family. Also need function delete params and value from family which was changed. for example : i have a project, which have for all doors same params like high. I find some family of doors at the internet, and wonna upload that to my project and change params. delete or not old params and add new, from my project standart. What do u think? What should i start and i need for this task? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
scgq425
in reply to: alex_gegedyush

in u idea , u need try to make sure which paramaters is u need or delete or update , and then use code to solve it . so if u use revit proficiently ,  u can write a standard about paramater's , and then lookup all paramater to do some function.

Message 3 of 3

in past I did something similar

MarryTookMyCoffe_0-1716286398155.png

now it will be little more pain in ass to do, just because ForgeId exist, and enums are removed, so pepperer for lots of 'If' statments in your code, and they still didn't do method to get tooltip text, only to set(shaming them about it on developer meeting didn't help, they just don't what to work). But if you do a lots of families this is must. It save me and my workers days of work.
My advice is to thing through format of you transfer file(don't copy directly from one familie to another), and don't do it in one line, like I did 7 years ago :D.
oh and don't forget that ElementId type parameters exist(revit developers forget about them like two times).

-------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------|\/\/|------------------------
do not worry it only gonna take Autodesk 5 years to fix bug

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community