Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Revit file format as Gltf or Svf and view offline in Forge-Viewer

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
oguzkomcu
848 Views, 4 Replies

Export Revit file format as Gltf or Svf and view offline in Forge-Viewer

I want to view the revit file offline in Forge viwer. For this, I need to convert the rvt file to svf or gltf file format. I couldn't find any free open source code to export as svf. Although I managed to export it as a gltf file format, I could not view this gltf file in forge-viewer due to some errors that I could not resolve. Can you share the open source code that I can use to export the Revit file as svf or gltf format without any errors?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: oguzkomcu

The easiest and probably only officially supported method to achieve what you are asking for is to make use of the official Forge translation services:

https://forge.autodesk.com

Jeremy Tammik Developer Advocacy and Support + The Building Coder + Autodesk Developer Network + ADN Open
Message 3 of 5
miguelBW5DE
in reply to: jeremy_tammik

I was checking the APS supported translated files from .RVT and GLTF is not included

miguelBW5DE_0-1687047854595.png

Message 4 of 5
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: miguelBW5DE

Yes, direct translation from RVT to gltf by APS is not supported. I believe that you can generate gltf from the APS viewer. You can definitely generate it straight from the RVT:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=revit+gltf+exporter

Jeremy Tammik Developer Advocacy and Support + The Building Coder + Autodesk Developer Network + ADN Open
Message 5 of 5
MiguelGT17
in reply to: jeremy_tammik

That was informative! 

Good to know that

All the best,

Miguel G.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report