Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed Video in ToolTip

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
RickyBell
2221 Views, 7 Replies

Embed Video in ToolTip

I found Jeremy's article from 2012 ( http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2012/09/video-animated-ribbon-item-tooltip.html ) that shows how to embed a swf file in Revit 2012's Ribbon.  Is there an updated proceedure for 2014/2015?  Looking through the help file and SDK and I'm finding nothing relating to tooltip videos.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Aaron.Lu
in reply to: RickyBell

Dear Ricky, what type of video do you want to embed, have you tried Jeremy's method? if yes, would you let us know what is the problem?

thanks.

Aaron Lu
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 8
RickyBell
in reply to: Aaron.Lu

Thanks for the reply Aaron,

I haven't come across any other method than the one just I linked to.  I'll embed any type of video it will let me.  The example I found on Friday was for a Flash Video file.  With the 2015 API I was unable to find anything on the ExpandedContent or the RevitToolTip Class.

Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 8
Aaron.Lu

What about using same code but only changing the .swf to whatever your video format? you can let us know the result or the error message.
thanks

Aaron Lu
Message 5 of 8
RickyBell
in reply to: Aaron.Lu

Ok, so I got his example compiling.  I was having issues with namespaces and such.  I got it figured out thanks to his example project and good ol' copy and paste.  In Revit (2014), when I hover over any of his three example buttons, I get "Video is loading..." and an error message.  "AdFlashVideoPlayer Library not registered."

Almost there.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
RickyBell

Alright, it's working.  Sorry to waste your time.  The example is good and it's not too hard to implement.

The error message was because I didn't have the Flash Player for ActiveX/Internet Explorer installed on my development machine.  Thanks for your help!

Message 7 of 8
RickyBell

To add to the list of compatible video files, I found that embedding your video file in the swf file works.  FLV (Flash Video Format, vp6 codec) will come in the easiest.  M4V Files require flash to put in a small player, but work great.  It looks like anything that uses the H.264 codec will also work.  Hope this helps someone trying to do ToolTip Videos.

Message 8 of 8
Aaron.Lu

Cool 😉

Aaron Lu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Rail Community