Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crop Region behavior with View Template applied from Enable Temporary Apply View Properties

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
649 Views, 3 Replies

Crop Region behavior with View Template applied from Enable Temporary Apply View Properties

We discovered an odd behavior with a rotated Crop Region when applying a View template from the Enable Temporary View Properties tool.

Here, I have a rotated Crop Region done the most common way:

Rotate Crop Region.png

Here's the result after the rotation, which is what we want:

Result of Rotated Crop Region.png

Now, when I apply a View Template using the Enable Temporary View Properties tool, I get the following result:

Apply View Template with Temporary View Properties.png

Notice how it rotated the view back with its rotation center at the Project Base Point? This is caused by the Orientation parameter in the View Template being set to "Enable".

Orientation setting for View Template.png

Now, when we restore the Temporary View Properties, here's what happens:

Result after Restore View Properties.png

The view gets rotated back but the Crop Region remained at its Temporary View Properties location, which is incorrect!

Note that unchecking the "Enable" checkbox from the Orientation parameter in the View Template would not cause the Crop Region to move like that.

When simply changing the View Template from the Properties window, we do not get this problem. Here's the View Template applied:

Apply View Template Directly.png

Here's the original View Template is retored:

Restore to Default View Template.png

From what I understand, those two ways of applying a View Template should get the same results, right?

So, what's going on with the Temporary View Properties messing up the Crop Region? Can anyone help explaining what may cause this?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you doing anything programmatically yourself, or just using the standard Revit user interface?

If you are not doing anything programmatically, this is not the best place to ask such a question.

Please note that this discussion forum is dedicated to programming Revit using the Revit API.

Therefore, you cannot expect an answer to a question such as yours relating to installation, product usage or end user support issues here.

You should try one of the non-API Revit product support discussion forums instead for that:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api-forum/this-forum-is-for-revit-api-programming-questions-not...

The people there are much better equipped to answer your question than us programming nerds.

I hope this clarifies.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jeremytammik

Noted. I will move my thread. Thanks for bringing that up.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report