Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy everything in scopebox to new file (INCLUDING view-dependent elements)?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jangohemmes
324 Views, 0 Replies

Copy everything in scopebox to new file (INCLUDING view-dependent elements)?

Dear reader,

Currently I am trying to export the contents of a scope box to a new file, this gives problems concerning view-dependent elements.

The idea is: I have a file with a large amount of options for the components of a house in the center of the file. I have a GUI that allows the user to select their desired configuration and the file updates the center house by switching elements around. The now updated house is exported to a separate file. I do this by selecting everything inside the scopebox that surrounds the house.

The view-independent elements are copied over without a problem with

FilteredElementCollector allCollector = new FilteredElementCollector(doc).WhereElementIsNotElementType().WherePasses(scopeBoxFilter);
ICollection<ElementId> viewIndependentIds = allCollector.WhereElementIsViewIndependent().ToElementIds();
ElementTransformUtils.CopyElements(doc, viewIndependentIds, newDoc, Transform.Identity, copyOptions);

However, for view-dependent elements I figured I need the other version of CopyElements that copies from view to view. Therefore I seperately copy those over per view, where I first find the correct views in the main file, and in the destination file (That destination file is created through a template, which in turn was created by simply deleting all model elements from the main file, so it retains all views etc.):

ElementTransformUtils.CopyElements(view, finalIds, otherView, null, copyOptions);

I've been working on it for days but I keep getting errors there, and I feel like for example Attached Detail Groups could pose a problem here. I just really want to get things like 2d elements that show relevant information about the house in the 2d views in the new file.

My question is: am I using the right approach here to achieve my goal, or am I going about it wrong?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community