Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling load analysis Modification in Revit API for Revit 2020

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
uday.vm
621 Views, 2 Replies

Cooling load analysis Modification in Revit API for Revit 2020

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing good during the pandemic.

We are one of the leaders in Interior fit-out jobs done across the globe. The project timeline will be very shorter with ranging from 4 to 10 months depending on the area. We at Spacematrix, are working on shortening the Design phase(w.r.t MEP Services) timeline to give our best for our clients.

We currently use Hourly Analysis Programme(HAP) for cooling load calculation, but we are trying to upgrade that to Revit, wherein we are stuck at some point. We are trying to understand the working of Cooling load analysis in Revit like the entire calculation part used during the Analysis and so on. So I wanted to understand how the Revit Software does the analysis in detail and compare it with our traditional way of calculation to make sure our design fits the requirement. So, if I want any of the feature to be modified then I can straight away go and do the modification as per our organizational standards.

If anyone can help me finding out and resolving the problem, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeremytammik
in reply to: uday.vm

I hope you are well too.

To understand what Revit can and cannot achieve in this area, I would suggest that you discuss with the expert MEP colleagues in the Revit MEP discussion group.

Please note that this discussion forum is dedicated to programming Revit using the Revit API.

Therefore, you cannot expect an answer to a question such as yours relating to product usage or end user support issues here.

The people there are much better equipped to answer your question than us programming nerds.

Even if you are working on solving a programming task, please be aware that the Revit API hardly ever supports any functionality that is not also available in the user interface.

Therefore, if the UI does not support this, the API will probably not do so either.

So, it will always help to research the optimal manual approach to a solution first, before attacking the task programmatically.

I hope this clarifies.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 3
uday.vm
in reply to: jeremytammik

Dear @jeremytammik,

Thanks for making me understand, I will post the question in the relevant group.

Regards,

Uday V M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community