Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Scheme - how can it be read in API?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1757 Views, 3 Replies

Color Scheme - how can it be read in API?

Hello,

Is the any way that I get values of  this table (Color Scheme Definition for Area Plan) from Revit API?

I would like to read colors assigned to area names or numbers and also (if it is possible) to edit/write them.

I got elements of BuiltInCategory.OST_ColorFillSchema, there is one with "Rentable Area" name,

but it has neither properties nor parameters of any kind - no way to seek further.

This object has type of Element, so it has no functions that can be dedicated for it.

I also got AreaScheme, which has name "Rentable", but it also has no parameters,

I tried also ViewFamilyType and ViewPlan, ColorFillLegend and LegendComponents with similar results

- there were no objects of such type or they had parameters, but not those that I seek.

Do you know where these values ca be found (what category, class)?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe.Ye
in reply to: Anonymous

Revit 2013 didn't expose the API to change or update the color scheme.

An API wish was logged for this.

Regards,

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Joe Ye
Contractor
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe.Ye

Hi Joe Ye,

I also want to automatically add a new color scheme by using the API. Any API  updates about this in Revit 2014 or newer?

Regards,

Geert

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Any updates about this question?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Rail Community