Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assembly reference error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
784 Views, 5 Replies

assembly reference error

I am getting "the type name or namespace name 'Revision' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or assembly reference?)" error while excuting for the same i have attached screen shot.

What is the assembly reference for this revision class, i am using Revit Structure 2014 in pc .

expecting solutions from experts.

Regards

Amith

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rosalesduquej
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Amith,

Did you copy the code you are using from another project where Revision Namespace existed and you forgot about it?

This error it is pretty self explanatory. It is telling you that a missing Assembly reference cannot be found in your code and you are referencing to it. I know it sounds repetitive but that is pretty much it. See the following link. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/304656 

The screenshot provided does not help, since there is not a lot of information other than the one you already described. So, maybe providing a bit more information about your code will help the community identify what you are missing. 

Cheers,

Jaime Rosales D.
Sr. Developer Consultant
Twitter | AEC ADN DevBlog
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rosalesduquej

Dear Jaime,

As i know that this reision class is newly added in revit 2015, Hope it will not work in 2014.

Regards

Amith

Message 4 of 6
rosalesduquej
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear Amith,

Yes you are correct, this class got its first version on Revit 2015, so unfortunately 2014 will not have access to such class, sorry for the bad news.

Cheers,

Jaime Rosales D.
Sr. Developer Consultant
Message 5 of 6

Is there any alternatate way to create revision clouds

Message 6 of 6

Dear Vinay,

I did a quick search and I saw a couple of post by Jeremy where he points out that the Revision class was one of the major implementations for Revit API 2015. 

"

One of the major Revit 2015 API additions is access to revisions.

All prior versions provided very limited access to revision data in a project. Here are some things people achieved in spite of the limitations:

But if you read a bit more you will see there is a Wrapper Class that another API 3rd party developer used to bypass the limitation of the non-existency in Revit 2014 for example. 

Here is the link from where I'm quoting Jeremy. http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2014/06/the-revision-api-and-a-form-on-the-fly.html

And here is Max's Revision Wrapper Class for you to use in Revit 2014 http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2013/09/max-revision-wrapper-class.html

Cheers,

Jaime Rosales D.
Sr. Developer Consultant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report