Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API access to transfer project standards and overwrite

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
markstrom.martin
2430 Views, 8 Replies

API access to transfer project standards and overwrite

I've searched all over the internet for a possibility to do this. The closest I came was a thread here: 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-api/copying-and-overwriting-types-between-projects/m-p/4830249#M...

where various workarounds are suggested, more or less tedious depending on exactly what you want to transfer. But more importantly, an API request was logged, CF-882.

It is now a little more than two years since that post was created, has anything happened on this front?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Dear Martin,

Thank you for raising this issue once again.

I have heard it many times in the past, and for a long, long time indeed.

I am very sorry to say that nothing at all has happened so far with the wish list item CF-882 [Overwrite duplicate types when calling CopyElements() between documents] that you refer to.

I created a new, more general wish list item CF-4242 [API wish: transfer project standards] and prompted the development team for some kind of response.

I will let you know what I hear back from them.

Thank you for your patience and persistence.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
The Building Coder

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jeremytammik

Hello Jeremy,

In my company we are also more than interested in having this feature (CF-882 or CF-4242). After a succesfull change to Revit we find this issue a big problem. Has anything changed in the past months? Is it possible to do in Revit 2017 this automatic Transfer Project Standards?

Thanks,

Message 4 of 9
jeremytammik
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear M,

The best way nowadays to get any API wish list item in Revit implemented is to add it to the Revit Idea Station, tag is as API, and get as many people as possible to vote for it:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/idb-p/302

Please also note these guidelines for posting ideas:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-faq/ideas/m-p/5384681

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik
The Building Coder

Message 5 of 9
jeremytammik

I looked at the existing wish list item CF-4242 [API wish: transfer project standards]. The development team have examined it and call it a 'small enhancement', which sounds as if it is doable. Please do add a Revit Idea Station wish, unless it already exists. I suspect it does. If so, vote for it, please. Thank you!

Jeremy Tammik
The Building Coder

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Message 7 of 9
clwi
in reply to: markstrom.martin

Any update on this?

We got a few clients that wish to transfer/update for example walltypes from one project to another. We've tried the CopyElement but that creates just another Walltype with a number at the end instead of updating the existing one with the new information....

Message 8 of 9

2021 and still this 'small enhancement' is missing?

Message 9 of 9

I just checked the status of the development ticket CF-4242 [API wish: transfer project standards] for you, and there has been no update to it for a while.

I asked for a current status on it and will let you know what I hear back asap.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community