Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

NAVISWORKS Simulate - Render to Cloud

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Joesboat
1237 Views, 12 Replies

NAVISWORKS Simulate - Render to Cloud

I am trying to render a 3-D model in Navisworks Simulate 2017 using the cloud services.  

It appears to fully upload the model, but nothing happens after the "View Rendering Progress" pop-up.

Thanks

Joe J

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
anavaidya
in reply to: Joesboat

Hi Joe,

To view your renderings, click on "Render Gallery" button in Navisworks or go to this site - https://rendering.360.autodesk.com/mygallery.aspx

They can be viewed on this site.

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Customer Success Engineer, Rendering & Visualization
Message 3 of 13
Joesboat
in reply to: anavaidya

Although the model seems to upload after selecting "Render in the Cloud" in Navisworks Simulate 2017, there is no apparent change to the ā€œMy Renderingsā€ on the 360.autodesk web page.

I also donā€™t get an email notification even though the address is correct and I check the ā€œEmail me when completeā€ box.

I appreciate any suggestion you may have to get this feature working.

Joe

Message 4 of 13
anavaidya

Hi Joe,

I can see that you have rendered 5 images. Do you not see them on the link that I gave you earlier?

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 5 of 13
Joesboat

Those five pictures were done many months ago from a public model as trial runs. I deleted those five old renderings and tried to send a rendering from my current model.  

Still the same drill - All indications are that the model is being uploaded in Navisworks Simulate ... then no record of the rendering appears on the website.

Joe J

Message 6 of 13
Joesboat

There is still no indication that Cloud Rendering from Navisworks Simulate is producing anything.  

I deleted all the old sample images from "My Renderings" and nothing new shows up when I execute "Render in Cloud".  It seems strange that Simulate uploads the model and then ... crickets from the web site.

Am I missing something?  Any suggestion is appreciated.

Joe J

Message 7 of 13
anavaidya

Hi Joe,

I'm not sure why this is happening. Can you open a sample file in Navisworks and then click "Render in Cloud" and see if that renders. 

Just to confirm, are you seeing any error message in Navisworks?

Which version are you using?

You should see the following in Navis when your file is being uploaded - 

navis2.PNG

After upload is done, you should see the rendering in progress here https://rendering-beta.360.autodesk.com/myrenderings

navis3.PNG

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 8 of 13
Joesboat

I opened one of the A360 sample files and it rendered an image (directly inside A360) that showed up in A360.

Then I tried once again to "Render to Cloud" in Navisworks

Here are some screen shots.

Still no indication on the A360 website that a render was submitted.

Cloud Render Screen Shots.jpg

Message 9 of 13
Joesboat

The description under "Rendering in A360" says:

This service is available only to subscribers and maintenance plan customers of select Autodesk software.

Looking at my account information, it shows Trials-Cloud services(1)-Rendering.

Do I need to change away from the "Trial" designation for the Navisworks Simulate "Render in Cloud" routine to work?

Joe J

Message 10 of 13
anavaidya

Yes, I can see that you are a free trial user. But that should still allow you to render. What I meant earlier is, open a sample file in Navisworks and submit "render in cloud" from that file. Click on the big "N" top-left corner. Then Open and open sample file. It's usually located here ..\Program Files\Autodesk\<Navisworks Version>\Samples.

If you are able to render it, then we know that it's not a Navisworks or a rendering issue. The issue could be in your specific file. 

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 11 of 13
Joesboat

I opened one of the sample files inside Navisworks Simulate (Ice Stadium) and executed a "Render in Cloud".

Same things happened.  It uploads to Cloud, but nothing shows on web site and no email response.

I appreciate your patience.

Joe J

Message 12 of 13
anavaidya

Hi Joe,

I'm puzzled that you are not seeing any error message. Your file is not getting uploaded. It could be related to your network. Please follow the steps here to make sure that the sites mentioned are not blocked by your network. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCA...

Also, here are the FAQs - https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-rendering-forum/frequently-asked-questions/td-p/5533974?nobounce...

If it still doesn't work, let me know.

Thanks,

Aradhana Vaidya
Message 13 of 13
Joesboat

I had to set IP and DNS service addresses locally to communicate properly.

Rendering in the cloud is working!

Thanks for all your help.

Joe J

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report