Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug List

68 REPLIES 68
Message 1 of 69
murali.p
4356 Views, 68 Replies

Bug List

Hi,

We will use this post to list all outstanding bugs.

Regards,

Murali

68 REPLIES 68
Message 2 of 69
Anonymous
in reply to: murali.p

I'm seeing a fair amount of irregular meshes (inverted, star shaped, extended meshes) from "Fill holes in smooth mode".  It works well with small holes with a mesh that is relatively in the same plane, but really struggles with large holes or ones that are changing direction to the plane of the mesh.

Message 3 of 69
Anonymous

"Bridge large gaps in mesh" doesn't seem to pull an average of the color from both ends of the bridge piece.  It seems to be white or grey with a black border in some cases.  It needs to average the color from either end in order to complete a color model.

Message 4 of 69
Anonymous

"Detect and fix mesh issues" seems to be overlooking large holes in meshes.  It sees the small holes, but if the back half of the model is missing, it doesn't see that as a hole to be solidified in order to make a solid 3D print.  Also the "Fix all holes" doesn't seem to automatically go through the list of holes and close them.  It stops at every one and needs to be prompted to fix and move to the next one which can be very time consuming with some models.

Message 5 of 69
Anonymous

"Slice and fill" doesn't always fill the model when it slices.  I haven't done it enough to determine when or why it doesn't complete the step but it does seem to happen periodically.

Please don't take this as a complaint list.  I have been trying to branch out and use the newer tools and have found them very useful.  The Slice and Fill helps to cut the model smoothly when the mesh is irregular.  The surface tools have been Very helpful and without issue.  The fill holes is great when I see something that I can easily fix manually.  The Extrude Selection has been tremendous at giving a better bottom to a model and creating the volume needed to go from half a mesh to a solid object.  Thank you!

Message 6 of 69
Anonymous

Some general things I am seeing.  I might have reported one or two of these before, I'm not sure:

1 - When uploading many projects at once (say 5 or more), it seems to stall out and stop uploading completely.  I can see in my task manager, that my Internet is not being used.  If I reboot Momento, and start over, it says that my file names are already in use, so I have to give my projects new names.  My work-around is to never upload more than 3 projects at once.

2 - If I delete some projects from teh A360 drive in Momento, they go to the trash can.  I then empty the trash can, but the "Available Storage" label in the lower left of Momento does not appear to change.

3 - Frequently I will get emails that a project has finished before Momento knows that it has.

4 - Often if I run a project as "best" it fails with an email telling me so.  If I run that exact same project as "Draft" it comes out okay.

Message 7 of 69
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

regarding #2 

I have seen some unusual quirks with Memento not keeping up with the latest in A360 even after refreshing.  You may have luck going to the A360 website to manage your projects.  It seems easy as a user to delete the file rather than deleting the project in Memento.  In the A360 website you can see that the project folder and photo files are still there and taking up the space.  Note that even after you delete a project you have to go to the Trash folder on the upper left, and then under the Actions tab click on Empty Trash to truly get your space back.

regarding #3

I have also had Memento running for hours and that it often times sticks at 93% processed when in fact I've gotten the email saying it is complete.  Usually after a refresh it will show that it is done, but I have had to quit the application a few times for it to show me that I can download the model.

Message 8 of 69
Anonymous

Is this the right spot to report bugs, or is this like the top 10 feature request list, that should be locked, and we report bugs elsewhere?

At any rate, I have a small bug to report:

If you use the tools on the left to "decimate" a mesh, it will tell you with a hint in the middle bottom the result of "model decimated".  This little bit of text appears right above the menu at the bottom, making it awkward to acess fly-outs from that menu.  For example, after decimating I want to see the mesh lines, so I click on the "Visualization" menu, but then the fly-outs I need are behind the message, so I can't click on them.

Message 9 of 69
Anonymous

I experence a lag between what happens on the  A360 page and the Memento app.   I clear out projects to free storage in A360 and the listed storage available does not change in Memento.

I attempt new uploads and the upload hangs and will not restart by itself.

The partial set of images shows on the A360 site but does not show in Memento.

I delete the files from A360 then try to upload again.  Upload stops at some random spot without a message telling me why this may have occured.

Message 10 of 69
Anonymous

I have fully installed the latest version, 1.0.17.1, yet I still cannot see any models in the editor. It just shows a blank screen but seems to think there is a model there. This has been happening since I installed Memento originally. Also, on earlier versions, even when I had nothing showing on screen in the editor I was still able to export an obj mesh and view it normally using MeshLab. Now when I try to export a model it says "Unable to export model due to error"  Any ideas what may be going on?

Message 11 of 69
karthik.nathan

Thanks for reporting this issue. We will look into the "fix all holes" issue you're facing. That one should be easy for us to identify and fix. Regarding the "slice and fill" feature not 'filling' all the time and the "bridge" tool not interpolating color, they are slightly more complex but we are aware of them. We will work on getting that fixed as well.

Will keep you posted as and when we fix issues reported here.

Thank you.

-Karthik

Message 12 of 69
Anonymous

Some projects uploaded stay at 1% "Waiting in queue" forever. Please fix.

Message 13 of 69
Anonymous

I sometimes have problems with "Set scanle & units". When I take a distance with a comma, Memento does not set a scale (664 meters works; 664,3 meters does not work)

Message 14 of 69
Anonymous

I got my first mesh back and brought it into Editor fot cleanup.

After clearing out most of the unwanted data, it crashes saying it just stopped working- no error code

and the .rcm file in Temp gets deleted!

Message 15 of 69
murali.p

Sorry about the crash. Is it possible for you to share the dataset with us to help fix the bug?

Regards,

Murali

Message 16 of 69
Anonymous

I tired to attach the rcm file here but your forum wont allow that ext.

Message 17 of 69
Anonymous

OK, I turned on public sharing-here is the link to the rcm file:

http://a360.co/1JWOcox

Message 18 of 69
tehj

At the moment Memento does not support the use of commas in numbers. Instead, we are using points (e.g 664.3 instead of 664,3). Would that work for you? 

Message 19 of 69
Anonymous
in reply to: tehj

wrong reply, sorry...

Message 20 of 69
murali.p

Replying to crash in the editor issue:

Hi,

I was able to edit your model without any issues. Can you share with us your system specifications? Please check if it is close to the one recommended http://memento.autodesk.com/try-memento.

Here is the edited model:

http://a360.co/1HP88Ga

Regards,

Murali

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report