Community
ReMake Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReMake Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReMake topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug List

68 REPLIES 68
Message 1 of 69
murali.p
3476 Views, 68 Replies

Bug List

Hi,

We will use this post to list all outstanding bugs.

Regards,

Murali

68 REPLIES 68
Message 21 of 69
sprinj
in reply to: ysp

I have had this issue repeatedly.  Has anyone had better luck at different times of the day?  Or different sized projects? I was able to get one working this morning, but have had no luck with two other ones today.  

Message 22 of 69
sidduiitm
in reply to: murali.p

I just downloaded memento beta.  I took some pictures to try it out.  However, after the validation process, when I click Create Model and give a name it says:

"Failed to Create Folder "Name of Folder I gave". Please select another name.

The names of the folders I gave were pretty simple .. 1, a, A, aa, 1_a.  No matter what name I give I get the same error. Any help ?

Message 23 of 69
arne.f.bjelland

Some minor issues:

1. In dignostics mode
  • holes: automatic zooms to next issues and therefor it is difficult to see if you are satisfied with automation
  • holes: selecting the outer edges of the model: if you try to fix it, the computer has a lot to work with(...) and the results is often not good enough
  • holes: the replaced mesh shood have a better texture. Could you learn/get inspired from some of the tools in Photoshop?
  • holes: "smaller-bigger" get reset for every fix. I do not understand why
  • General: when you have chosen "next" on one issue, but fixed the next one, you are being reversed to the issue you choose "next" from

Arne

Message 24 of 69
artofcorner

Hello,

Memento Crash online from v1.2.0.7 and the latest v1.3.0.1 just after the app launched and clicking anywhere on the screen. Therefore, Memento offline is ok and works fine.

Do you have an idea ?

Message 25 of 69

Hi,

There could be an installer related issue. Please try the following and let me know if it solves the problem:

1. Unsintall Memento.
  2. Delete the folder if it still exists "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Memento\"
  3. Delete the folder "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Autodesk\Autodesk Memento"
  4. Install/Reinstall current version from http://memento.autodesk.com/try-memento

Regards,

Murali

Message 26 of 69

Hello Murali,

I follow all your instructions ( to be sure, i also delete AAM ) but the issue is the same , Memento crash online but offline ok. The only way to solve this problem for me ( not the best way ) is to install Memento on another PC, just to be online and do upload / download.

i saw another post on the same subject of crash with memento !

Tell me,

Frédéric

Message 27 of 69
eugene.chua
in reply to: artofcorner

Hi Frédéric,

Would you be interested in generating a crash dump for us for further analysis? 

• Run Autodesk Memento.
  • Select the "Close the program" option in the "Memento.exe has stopped working" dialog after it crashes.
  • Browse to Memento's user settings folder "%localappdata%\Autodesk\Autodesk Memento" (for example "C:\Users\eugene\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Autodesk Memento\")
  • Look for the crash dump file(s) that will have ".dmp" extension (memento.dmp and memento.Qt.dmp)
  • You may upload them by emailing them to upload.Crash_D.m4w57avhc4@u.box.com

Thanks!!!

-Eugene

Message 28 of 69
artofcorner
in reply to: eugene.chua

Hello Eugene,

It's done. I upload and email you memento.dmp ( no memento.qt.dmp available ).

Thanks,

Frédéric

Message 29 of 69
eugene.chua
in reply to: artofcorner

Hi Frédéric,

Thank you for your reply. I have received the files.

Just to confirm, does the crash still occur when you start Memento, or when you start uploading photos?

If convenient, could you also email me the application log file (memento.log), which can be found at the same location ("%localappdata%\Autodesk\Autodesk Memento").

-Eugene

Message 30 of 69
artofcorner
in reply to: eugene.chua

Hello Eugene,

I just sent you memento.log by email.

When i am online, Memento crash when i start it : the screen freeze and no response at all. When offline, all is ok, i can edit my model but no upload / download off course.

When i install the last version on another PC for the firt time ( no previous version on it ), all is ok

Hope this will help you !

Frédéric

Message 31 of 69

Thanks Frederic!!
Message 32 of 69
Alakrin

Hello!

Some problem what i found already:

- Sometimes, after loading the pictures and clicking to "Create Model" button I cant write into the name field. I need to restart Memento.

- The name of the project can't contain underline like "something_model", I got every time error.

- When I want to load pictures from A360 drive, some of them loaded as blank white picture.

- At exporting object the preserve material function give an error and stop exporting.

Others seems good now 🙂

Message 33 of 69
Anonymous

The RCP export from Memento does not seem to preserve the size & scale.

I have resized the data in Memento to be 297 meters. But when I export it to Recap (RCP) format and import into Revit, it is about 5 meters.

Tags (2)
Message 34 of 69
murali.p
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

This is a known limitation that many have reported - we have prioritised the fix and will be releasing an update in next few days.

Regards,

Murali

Message 35 of 69
pat.bloom

Some issues (on Mac Macbook Pro / OSX 10.11 Beta / version 1093)

- The demo-files take ages to load (and won't show).

- Uploading images when resized / cropped with Photos give an error.

- Unmodified images will upload but no object is been shown after downloading the model.

- There is a huge delay when zooming / moving / selecting.

Features

- It would be nice to confirm dialog / buttons with an 'enter' instead clicking.

- A rotation button after importing photos.

- Ability to re-order photos after importing photos.

- Visual feedback when rollover the items in the select-menus.

General Impression

- Spartan approach (interface feels clumpsy / slow)

- It's too slow to actually 'play' with it.

Message 36 of 69

Hiya

before i comment on the reported issues and sugegstions, just a question: are you using the Windows version on Paralels on Mac? 

(many of the issues you are reporting work perfectly and havnt been reported, so i assume its paralels and i woudl recommend you start testing our Mac version)

if i am correct, please send me an email at tatjana.dzambazova@autodesk.com and request a Mac version and i will include you in the early Alpha testers of the Mac version

many thanks for your understanding

tanja

Message 37 of 69
pat.bloom

I'm using the (native) Mac version from (you send me the link about a week ago) and 
tested it on the El Capitan and Yosemite version of OSX, but on both OS's its very slow.
Message 38 of 69

hiya Pat,

thanks for your clarification.

in that case please please as indicated in the initial email i sent, do use my email adress and not this forum for Mac realted issues. we dont want to confuse the forum with the builds that are not yet publically available and ready, which your feedback clearly indicates.

Btw,when you say its too slow - do you mean the photo-to-3D reconstruction or while editing the model?

The photo-to-3D reconstruction happens on the cloud and the length does indeed vary depending on many factors (number of photos, network, server queues..), but if you are talking editing in Memento, that is definitely not consistent with what we know we have and what other testers experience, so while yes , we have a LOT to improve and  finish in the Mac build, i wonder if something else is the trouble and would love to see if we can figure it out.

i wonder if you have the minimal system requirements indicated on the download page: 

• Operating system: Apple® Mac® OS® X v10.10.0 or later (Yosemite)
  • CPU: Quad-core Intel Core i7
  • Hardware: NVIDIA or AMD graphics card with a minimum of 2GB VRAM. Graphics card should support OpenGL 3.2 or newer and DirectX10 or newer.
  • Memory: 16GB system RAM
  • Storage: SSD or PCIe Based Flash
  • Pointing Device: Three-button with scroll wheel mouse

Many thanks for your understanding, i would have said maybe you should wait for better releases but as this is not what others experience i would really love to help find out the issue

many thansk

tanja

Message 39 of 69
pat.bloom

Hey Tanja,

as I see the system requirements - some bell starts to ring 😉 I'm still on a i5 processor and half the RAM Smiley Frustrated

A pity would loved to test it but this makes it a little odd, could contribute to the GUI but need a prober UIX for that.

Cheerz,

Pat

Message 40 of 69
EricWiens
in reply to: pat.bloom

Export to RCP appears to be broken.  Provides very small RCS files (122kB) with virtually no points.  Please fix this ASAP.  I will have to find someone in the organization with an old version (hopefully it won't make them upgrade) to do this for me now.

RCP Export Broken.png

Also have to subdivide mesh 2-3x normally to get higher resolution point cloud.  Would like an option to set point cloud resolution on export.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report