Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCap Photo needs to be able to use existing (already uploaded) photos

ReCap Photo needs to be able to use existing (already uploaded) photos

I used the web interface (recap.autodesk.com) and got mostly terrible results - even after placing a bunch of registration points, many photos still wouldn't stitch. Last week I saw the notice about the transition to ReCap Photo, so I figured I'd try it to see if I could get better results. Being able to upload 1000 photos (instead of just 250) is awesome, but loosing the free preview isn't, nor is the price increase from $5 to $12/$30/$55...! Anyway, I figured I'd give it a shot since I still have most of my starter 100, but I have to re-upload all the photos! I set it going before I left for the weekend, but don't see my project. 😞 I've had errors that killed the job when uploading to the web interface, so I suspect this is a similar issue. But I could skip at least some of the drama if I could use all the photos I've already uploaded, instead of having to upload new copies.

In addition, if I could import a project from the web interface (and keep all the registration points), that would be very helpful (though I wouldn't expect that to happen since they're just killing the site soon anyway).

1 Comment
vikas.vaishnav
Autodesk

Thanks for reaching out with the idea @lionel.kai and thanks for trying out your project on Recap Photo. Sorry that there was an issue with upload, the request to reuse uploaded photos is already known to us. And I can assure you that management would be looking in to it. 

However we are currently exploring the possibility to add option to save the registration points and load them later on demand. Can you give more details about this request? Are there scenarios where you use same registration points for more than one project or your concern is majorly for processing failure and you want to save your data.

Thanks,

Recap Photo team

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report