Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Box Around a Point

Limit Box Around a Point

It would be great if a limit box can be defined around a point, similar to how Navisworks can create a limit/section box around a selected item.

In the current workflow you have to start at the point clouds extents and refine your limit box down to the right size. This causes confusion and frustration having to find/re-find your area of interest.

It would be great if we could navigate in the point cloud, find an area of interest, select "Limit Box around point", select the point we want the limit box created around (perhaps 10'x10'x10'), and then we can refine the limit box from there.

7 Comments
ryan.frenz
Alumni

Hey Cody,

Have you tried the 'Pick' option in the limit box tool?  It allows you to pick a point and sets the box around (with size based on zoom level).  You can do this iteratively to get a smaller and smaller box.

limitbox.JPG

Ryan

ryan.frenz
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

cody_austin
Autodesk

Thanks for the recommendation Ryan, however I think the it can be improved just a tiny bit. See this screencast.

http://autode.sk/1j5l6Kx

ryan.frenz
Alumni

Thanks Cody, I see the problem. I'll email you to discuss further.

Ryan

ryan.frenz
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

ryan.frenz
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

I believe this was addressed by moving the 'Pick' option to the top-level of the Limit Box menu.  This way you can identify your area of interest first, then 'Pick' to set the limit box around it.

cody_austin
Autodesk
Yes, this is in the product now! I love to see Autodesk leveraging the IdeaStation for product input!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report