Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DConnexion mouse support

3DConnexion mouse support

Can you add 3D Mouse support in ReCap? Just like InfraWorks, this works very handy navigating around the scan.

102 Comments
jmcbride
Advocate

I stopped trying to get my 3dConnexion to work at all with autodesk products..... Im completly unsure if it is crappy drivers from 3DC or what, but I've never got it woking. It works AWESOME in 3DC's trainer software, but never in AutoCAD.... So basically worthless for me.

ehungate
Explorer

I have not had any problems using my 3Dconnexion working in AutoCAD, Revit, or ReCap.  I haven't used it before just now in ReCap, so I don't know if you can change it, but it is only letting me zoom in/out.  So it seems like the short answer would be yes.  Maybe someone else can give more information on it though.

orangeduke
Explorer

I would love to be able to use my 3DX mouse in Recap. I use it in Revit and Faro Scene and really miss it in Recap

morgan.smith
Autodesk Support

Plenty of user in this Recap forum posting are keen to have this feature added.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/recap-360-general-discussion/3d-mouse/td-p/4821529

I will point them to them to this request.

john_newbegin
Explorer

full funtions in recap is much needed and appreciated, I can now zoom in in recap but not spin or fly around.. why is this not a feature yet? 

toonsol
Enthusiast

Yes please, support for 3D mouse in ReCap.

Toon

krpickering
Contributor

Any updates on this? Seems to be alot of traction on this topic.. 

Light_Guy
Collaborator

Finally got my 3D Connexion and now all I need is support in Recap....any word?

Jaychale
Advocate

Don't forget Space Controller as well. 

vidanom
Autodesk
Status changed to: Under Review

john.matthewsLZ3YN
Community Visitor

Seriously, support for the space pilot has not been added to Recap yet?  Many of the free point cloud viewers already offer the plug in.

adam.wrightFHALL
Participant

We're north of 14 months since the original request and nearly 8 months since the status was changed to "Under Review". Come on Autodesk, get your act together. Why is this taking you so long. It would be nice to have more regular feedback from the development team(s).

k.ksel
Explorer

Hey, In my view 3D Connection is really needed for ReCap - these are huge files, rotating, walkthrough and reviewing really needs improovement. Please consider developing this part.

tomlynham6453
Enthusiast

Another annoyed ReCap user here.  Been using Autodesk products for 25 years - expect a little faster development when it comes to "new" things like point cloud.  Especially since you haven't done anything significant to AutoCAD or Revit in a decade.

john_newbegin
Explorer

Yeah I agree, why is the 3d mouse not working with Recap yet, we have waited a very long time.  Every other product seems to have the capability, why not Recap?

Where can we vote or bump this up the request cycle?

Thanks

John

rrejhon2
Community Visitor
When will it be available? I have this expensive mouse i cant use, please respond autodesk
bnydam42
Participant

I want to add to this list  for 3d connexion support!  Using the mouse is just clumsy.

p.waligora
Community Visitor

I can not understand why this feature is still not added?
work in recap would become even faster and more enjoyable
practically at a low cost of work, check the ready SDK

bheadlam
Contributor

This is a must, I am going from Inventor, into Navisworks then export out to recap.

Would streamline the process and make control similar over all products.

matthewdempster
Explorer

hard to believe it doesn't work with recap... yet it works with every other autodesk application I have....

need it for the 3d scans.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report