Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Pointcloud for online viewer

3D Pointcloud for online viewer

It would be really interesting if you guys in the near future can provide a 3D Pointcloud online viewer within the A360; or an interactive 3d view within the recap 360, other than just a walkthrough through panoramic images.  At the moment I am using Matterport as they provide a dollhouse view as an interactive 3d. Unfortunately, this is also not ideal in terms of image quality and integration with the point cloud itself. It is a mesh with a texture map applied over it. 

11 Comments
dan.higgins
Contributor

Strongly agree. Has Autodesk given up on expanding this web application allowing users a more enriched work enviroment?

Please build this into an update!

Why is it not possible to do this on recap360 online? Or something like a Sketchfab exporting plug-in would be nice! In the same way, you can export/ upload from Revit revit to sketchfab. Could you not add a plug-in for Recap? so that we can visualize and share interactive 3d pointclouds? Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a workaround to export the .RCP to .PTS. Open it in Navisworks and export it to .NWD. And upload it to BIM 360 Glue (classic) and optional to Field (classic). I've seen a web viewer of the actual point clouds but I can't remember the name and it looked quite bulky.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, is it possible to bring this subject back to the top? The collaborative power of being able to let the client move around the pointcloud and/or nwd beta link and this through the online platform is a must.

pcasaday
Enthusiast

More support for this. Or at least the capability to export LAS files. E57 is not the most widely used format for point clouds...

Shame there can't be more solutions packaged as one offering in Recap Pro.

_camuz_
Enthusiast

An online viewer would be really useful. But I'm guessing the mere fact of uploading point clouds up to 300-500GB in size requires a vast amount of storing servers which might be a burden. But is there any possibility to bring back the Free version of "Recap"?  This is great to share point clouds without letting people edit or modify them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been a long time someone posted here. In the meantime Dalux has developed an all-in-one viewer. Combining multiple BIM models, drawings and even Point Clouds in one web-viewer. A 2GB or 200GB pointcloud does not matter for the user experience because the smart point-loading sequence that's build in it. The viewer is free to use and even has a free W10 app to make the web viewer even faster, using your computers hardware acceleration better than a web-browser could. See the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxasJAj5Xuc

Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been a long time someone posted here. In the meantime Dalux has developed an all-in-one viewer. Combining multiple BIM models, drawings and even Point Clouds in one web-viewer. A 2GB or 200GB pointcloud does not matter for the user experience because the smart point-loading sequence that's build in it. The viewer is free to use and even has a free W10 app to make the web viewer even faster, using your computers hardware acceleration better than a web-browser could. See the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxasJAj5Xuc

_camuz_
Enthusiast

@Anonymous Thanks! I will have to try it as soon as I'm done with the scanning project I'm working on, which I'm guessing will be around 300GB. Still, I think the free version of Recap is a better option in terms of privacy because you can share the point cloud directly to the client and people involved in the project instead of uploading it to 3rd parties. 

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

Available from 2023.0 release

GREAT NEWS ! Thank you Autodesk community for pushing this forward.

@ramesh_sridharan  thank you for the update

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report